Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

thanks
Read 5984 times
* August 17, 2009, 08:13:44 AM
thanking you a lot
nice to see some body who could help me in my field
that's architectural pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese guide me for the following questions
1 how to set limits
2 double cad is not recognizing feet inches format like acad
3 how to plot with different line weights (Acad provides a method to screen (vary the density of the plotted line or object in this case.)
Anyone know how best to accomplish the same thing using DoubleCad XT besides using greyscale option with does not work well when using various colors.
I prefer to have layers with various colors when drafting and then plot using black color, with some objects screened to reduce intensity (background graphics).
4, how to print the selected part of the drawing like we do in acad by .

hope to receive the answer soon

thanks

August 17, 2009, 02:11:15 PM

1) I am not sure am not sure what you mena by "limits".
2) to set the tools to draw in feet and inches use the Options | Space units and set the Format to Architectural.
To Type in drawing units as feet and inches just use the dynamic input and use the format 10'10-3/4 (making sure to enter the foot symbol and the - sign to seperate the feet from the inches and the inches from the fraction. BTW you can type this format in at any time without changing the units format.
3) To print differnt line weights you can use the Print Styles Manager (under the file menu) and then specify the Print style for each object (in pro you can set the print style for each layer)
To print everyting as black, open the print dialog and change the color mode to "Black only"
Currently DoubleCAD does not support screening. However - for background graphics (raster images) you can use the Brush Styels editor to create a bitmap based fill, and then use that fill with an applied transparency to make it fade out.

4) DoubleCAD does not have the exact equivelant function of printing via a selection window. The closest is the following.
First - create a named view:
Select View|Named Views|Create View
Create a view that encapsulates the area you want to print - give it whatever name you what.

Then print that view:
Select File | Print
When the dialog opens;
Under Print Range select View
From the view drop-down select the view you just created.
Then select Fit on 1 page
Under Print Spaces Make sure Current Space is selected
Finally Click the OK Button

August 17, 2009, 04:18:40 PM
Hello ibnulhifz,

DoubleCAD does not have Limits like AutoCAD. You can however set your Grid origin point which is similiar to the lower left corner of AutoCAD limits setting. To do this, go to the View menu/Display/Grid/set Origin (pick lower left corner of your drawing)

Hope that helps.