Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

ATTIN ATTOUT command support
Read 5607 times
* August 02, 2009, 03:41:09 PM
I know we can extract the attribute text from DoubleCAD in spreadsheet form however it does not appear to have the block ID tags to use for data import. I use ATTIN and ATTOUT in AutoCAD all the time, is there a similar process for DoubleCAD?

I use it a lot to fill out the title blocks as well as update block attributes within a large multi-sheet drawing...

Any ideas?

Bill

August 04, 2009, 08:17:01 AM
Bill, sorry this hasn't gotten a response sooner.  We have a couple of people on vacation this week, and this question stumped me -- so I'll have to dig around a bit for whether we have something comparable, or at least a good work-around.

Stay tuned...

William

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

* August 06, 2009, 07:58:33 PM
Thanks William!

I sure hope there is a way to do it. The attin and attout have been around for quite some time and while not real fancy, they sure are useful. The attout generates a CSV text file which can be opened up in excel, edited and then pushed back into the drawing using attin. Quite often it is much easier to manage the attributes in a spreadsheet that it is trying to do it a block at a time within drawing...

I for one will stay tuned!

Bill

August 10, 2009, 08:56:15 AM
We currently do not have the equivelant of ATTIN or ATTOUT. This would be a could item for you to add to the wish list section of the forum.

* August 10, 2009, 07:22:20 PM
Thanks Brian, I'll add it to the wish list!

Bill