Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

DoubleCAD Webinars
Read 14863 times
May 21, 2009, 04:21:53 PM
We have decided that it's time for us to kick off a series of Webinars showing the product(s), specific features, workflows, and cool advantages that might be overlooked.  Our intention will be to record the Webinars, and make them available to be played back on demand as Webcasts from the DoubleCAD.com site.

We would love your feedback on topics you would like to see covered and your preferred days of the week and times.  Please post your requests and suggestions here.

We don't how many we'll be able to do how soon, or the frequency of a schedule yet -- we have to start and see the impact first.

To view upcoming Webinars, and/or sign up (they're free), visit http://www.doublecad.com/Support/LearningCenter/Webinars/tabid/1402/Default.aspx

Thanks,
William
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:26:20 PM by thebrian »

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

May 26, 2009, 10:12:38 AM
How to setup a layout including plot styles, scaling, views, etc.

Cheers
~Nick

Home-Dell T3400 Quad Core Q6600 OC'd 3 GHz., 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3870, Windows 7 x64
ACAD 2012, DoubleCAD XT Pro v3, Alibre 2012 Expert, 123D

May 28, 2009, 10:19:24 AM
Thanks Nick, we'll definitely try to work this topic into a future Webinar.

For the current, and future Webinars, we've created a section on the DoubleCAD Web site for information and sign-ups.  It is now live and anyone can go sign up for the first one here: http://www.doublecad.com/Support/LearningCenter/Webinars/tabid/1402/Default.aspx

* June 03, 2009, 06:26:40 AM
As you know, I am trying to write a book on DoubleCAD. In order to do this I have been trying to teach myself the various functions of DoubleCAD that I am not too familiar with or that are different than how the same or similar functions work in AutoCAD.  I have devoted the first 6 chapters of the book (almost 200 pages) to describe the use of DoubleCAD's basic functions. Now I have begun writing the chapters dealing with more advanced intermediate type of functions. These Webinars should greatly help me to learn the more advanced areas of DoubleCAD. However, I have a full time job and will not be able to attend many of live Webinars. You say that they will be recorded so that they can be viewed later. That would be a great help to me and much appreciated.

Maybe a future Webinar could be making parimetric symbols. Using scripts would be in the advanced section of the book, but my knowledge in this area is very limited so any Webinars on this would be very useful.

Another Webinar could maybe deal with how to use the Library. I have already dealt with this in the book as a basic function but it was a frustrating undertaking and I found the help files confusing. As the symbol library is a very important function of any CAD program I put a great deal of time on this subject, first trying to understand how the DoubleCAD symbol library works, and then writing about it so that it will be clear to others. A Webinar on this, I feel, would be very useful to almost anyone using the program.

Thanks

Terry
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:32:02 AM by tmunson »

June 03, 2009, 07:44:49 AM
Thanks AdGrind and Terry for your suggestions.  Hopefully we can accomodate both.

The first Webinar has had a very strong level of interest and from around the globe.  The first 15 people to sign up came from 10 different countries! 

We plan to schedule more quite soon and will be updating the Webinars page on the Web site and keeping it fresh, so keep an eye on it.

-- William

* June 04, 2009, 08:27:30 AM
I enjoyed today's webinar. 

Mildly disappointed to only see 15ish participants but I'm sure that will change with time.

Thanks

Brian
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:30:49 AM by bsmall »

DoubleCAD XT Pro on Win XP

June 05, 2009, 08:12:49 AM
Thanks for joining the webinar.  As the news gets out we expect more people will be attending in future sessions.

June 05, 2009, 10:03:18 AM
Mildly disappointed to only see 15ish participants but I'm sure that will change with time.

We also decided to limit the first few webinars while we work out the kinks.  That said we had much greater registration levels, so there were a lot of no-shows.  It's understandable, and we'll take that into consideration as we open things up more.

Meanwhile...  we have scheduled two more Webinars for next week and have posted a new Events Calendar at http://www.doublecad.com/Support/LearningCenter/Webinars/EventsCalendar/tabid/1403/vw/0/Default.aspx

Registration is open, and we'll keep adding more topics, more dates, and vary times for people in other time zones.  So keep coming back!

-- William

* June 10, 2009, 09:37:35 AM
I had the pleasure to participate in today's Webinar. I learned some new things. Thank you very much. It may be useful a more detailed outline of meeting, which I could see earlier. I could have been  to prepare  and a little easier  study what  lecturer is showing. You could also pre-notify the topic of Webinar and ask on the forum for questions relating to the subject  , which could help in the development of the theme. Well if you can return to the previous topics and open them again. Regards.

June 10, 2009, 01:23:42 PM
Thank you for the feedback Marek.

Tomorrow, Thursday, June 11, Brian Carter and Bob Mayer will return to the first topic and show the Drafting Palette again.  (Registration is still open.)  They will focus on the PRO feature, the Drafting Palette, and the will show how to:
  • create Elevations, Sections, and Fragmental Views based on the selection in model space
  • create views from both a solid model and a surface model
  • insert and align the views in paperspace
  • scale the views, and separately scale a fragmental view
  • dimension drafting palette objects, noting a key difference between solid and surface model views
  • change the visibility of hidden lines, change colors, line widths, or hatch patterns for sections
  • modify the model and see the changes automatically updated in the paperspaces.

Time permitting there will also be a demonstration of using the Drafting Palette with an Xref file.

So sign up before it's too late, and get your questions ready!

-- William

* June 12, 2009, 04:46:44 PM
I attended the SketchUp to DoubleCAD webinar and unfortunately had to leave after 30 minutes.  Are you planning on archiving the webinars for for non-synchronous access?

Best regards,

Wolfspaw

June 15, 2009, 06:23:19 AM
Yes.  We expect to have some of the Webinars recorded and available as Webcasts on the DoubleCAD website.  This should be done soon.  They will be on the DoubleCAD.com Web site.

June 17, 2009, 12:29:22 PM
More details on tomorrow's Webinar for those attending...

DoubleCAD XT -- Creating a Template and Printing

Bob Mayer and Brian Carter will host this session.  The Webinar will include:
  • Introduction
  • Modifying model space properties/units and creating a basic template
  • Changing Layout (paperspace) properties/units
  • Updating an existing template
  • Adding Layout pages and issues for metric users
  • Basics of Print Setup, including differences with Layout and Model spaces
  • Questions and Answers

We look forward to your questions on any of these areas.
-- William

June 23, 2009, 08:56:43 AM
Wednesday, June 24, at 4:30 pm (16:30) in California (GMT-7) we will have another Webinar on SketchUp to DoubleCAD workflow.  This time I will be doing it with Brian Carter. 

The agenda:

• Introduction
  • Overview of the model in SketchUp (showing how it was built, layers, components, scenes).
  • Viewed in DoubleCAD, how the model comes in.
  • Arranging a Layout (paperspace) with multiple aligned viewports.
  • XT PRO Alternatives... replace the model space with an Xref of the .skp
  • Use the Drafting Palette on the Xref to create aligned sections, elevations, and fragmental views.
  • Then we'll update the model in SketchUp and reload the Xref.
  • Questions and Answers

We anticipate about 25 minutes for the presentation prior to Q&A.  Have your questions ready!

-- William

July 02, 2009, 07:28:03 AM
We will be repeating webinars and reording them when possible. Unfortunately the template webinar was not recorded do to a technical difficulty. So we will be repeating it in the future.