We're happy to tell you that we've launched our first update to both DoubleCAD XT and DoubleCAD XT PRO.
Many of you provided valuable, constructive feedback. We have listened, and we have been working on a number of improvements to both products.
Some of the changes you requested that are in the new build include:
- The ability to turn off the “Created in DoubleCAD XT” attribution when printing using the free product (but we hope you will keep it on for non-production use!).
- Usability changes
- Zooming in using the mouse-wheel does not move the cursor position and the zoom is focused on the cursor position.
- The Zoom Factor default setting has been reduced.
- Default look of the selector has been updated.
- Additional SEKE and function key settings have been made more familiar to AutoCAD LT users (for example, F8 toggles ORTHO).
- Using the ESC key in the Polyline tool behaved inconsistently with other tools, so its usability has been improved.
- Place on Workplane has been added to ease editing and manipulating material.
- A limited Style Manager has been added to DoubleCAD XT.
- DoubleCAD XT PRO includes two more file filters so that you can bring in .STP files and .3DM (Rhinoceros®) files. This brings the total to 30 file formats!
- DoubleCAD XT PRO also received a new Line Style Editor.
- A number of functional bugs have also been addressed.
- And many more enhancements.
The ReadMe for the update is attached below. It has a more details.
If you have DoubleCAD XT v1.0 or DoubleCAD XT PRO v1.0 installed you may download and install the corresponding update directly. You do not need to uninstall and then reinstall the full version. You may find the the updates on our download page at: http://www.doublecad.com/Download/tabid/1128/Default.aspx
We'll try to mark items in Problems or the Wish List area of the forums where they have been updated, but this might take us a bit of time to catch them all.
Let us know what you think. We are listening.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:25:45 PM by thebrian »
DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...