Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

DoubleCAD XT and XT PRO v1.1 now available!
Read 5595 times
May 12, 2009, 04:57:12 PM
We're happy to tell you that we've launched our first update to both DoubleCAD XT and DoubleCAD XT PRO.

Many of you provided valuable, constructive feedback.  We have listened, and we have been working on a number of improvements to both products.  

Some of the changes you requested that are in the new build include:
  • The ability to turn off the “Created in DoubleCAD XT” attribution when printing using the free product (but we hope you will keep it on for non-production use!).
  • Usability changes
    • Zooming in using the mouse-wheel does not move the cursor position and the zoom is focused on the cursor position.
    • The Zoom Factor default setting has been reduced.
    • Default look of the selector has been updated.
    • Additional SEKE and function key settings have been made more familiar to AutoCAD LT users (for example, F8 toggles ORTHO).
    • Using the ESC key in the Polyline tool behaved inconsistently with other tools, so its usability has been improved.
  • Place on Workplane has been added to ease editing and manipulating material.
  • A limited Style Manager has been added to DoubleCAD XT.
  • DoubleCAD XT PRO includes two more file filters so that you can bring in .STP files and .3DM (Rhinoceros®) files.  This brings the total to 30 file formats!
  • DoubleCAD XT PRO also received a new Line Style Editor.
  • A number of functional bugs have also been addressed.
  • And many more enhancements.

The ReadMe for the update is attached below.  It has a more details.

If you have DoubleCAD XT v1.0 or DoubleCAD XT PRO v1.0 installed you may download and install the corresponding update directly.  You do not need to uninstall and then reinstall the full version.  You may find the the updates on our download page at:  http://www.doublecad.com/Download/tabid/1128/Default.aspx

We'll try to mark items in Problems or the Wish List area of the forums where they have been updated, but this might take us a bit of time to catch them all.

Let us know what you think.  We are listening.

-- William
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:25:45 PM by thebrian »

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

May 12, 2009, 06:30:39 PM
wow! great! :D
Thanks a lot DoubleCad team!  ;) I was eagerly waiting for the first update on this fantastic product. Thanks for listening to us.

I'm letting the guys at the blender forum know immediately.

Regards,

Alvaro

* May 13, 2009, 11:14:32 AM
Hello William,

Thanks for the download link.

I installed the upgrade, but can't find a way how to turn off the "created in doublecad xt" attribute.

Could you tell me please how this can be done!

Regards

Martin

May 13, 2009, 11:16:50 AM
Turbomart -

Go to File | Print
Go to Page Setup
Uncheck "Small Watermark"

* May 13, 2009, 11:19:30 AM
Great!

Many thanks!! :D

* May 14, 2009, 05:12:43 AM
We're happy to tell you that we've launched our first update to both DoubleCAD XT and DoubleCAD XT PRO.

Many of you provided valuable, constructive feedback.  We have listened, and we have been working on a number of improvements to both products. 

Let us know what you think.  We are listening.

-- William

Yawn!
So the Doublecad magicians are at it again.
So what else is new?
 ;D

(seriously: I'm thrilled. OMG! 2 months for an update ! That too incorporating many of our requests. You guys are gonna give me a severe inferiority complex!
Time is going to be terribly tight right in the near future, but I'm going to check out the stuff as much as I can
All the best wishes for your wonderful program. Perhaps now you can get some sleep   ;D )