Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

right mouse button assigning
Read 6607 times
* March 21, 2009, 03:41:51 AM
Does anybody know how I can configure my mouse to have the right click as 'enter'?

Thanks

Goatshed

March 21, 2009, 08:06:26 AM
It can depend on the mouse, the driver version, and operating system.  I'm not sure about assigning ENTER to a button though.  Some drivers come with applications that allow you to configure it.  In Windows XP (and probably similar in Vista) you can go to Control Panel, Printers and Other Hardware, then select Mouse.  That should allow you to configure your mouse's allowable settings.  See if there's an Enter in there...

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

* March 21, 2009, 12:07:08 PM
Hi There

Thanks for the reply.  I went to 'Mouse' in control panel but it did not allow for it there.  I wanted to configure it the same as it is in AutoCad where it has a double function i.e. if you are not in a command and you press the right mouse button it brings back the last used command or again if your not in a command you can enter one from the keyboard shortcut (say 'L' for line) then press enter (right mouse button) and it puts you into line command.  This way of working with one hand on the keyboard and one on the mouse I find much quicker and it is my prefered choice.  I looked at the 'Tools/customise/(then something like external device button)' option and that let me configure the scroll wheel functions, but, strangely not the buttons?  It was set up for a default of an 'intelli mouse' which seemed to suggest other things could be loaded up but I could not see how.  Maybe you have to load drivers here or something I dont know but it seems strange to be able to assign the wheel but not the buttons?

March 23, 2009, 07:20:15 AM
It is not possible to assign actions to mouse buttons within the application at this time. In addition you can only specify application specific commands to the keyboard or mouse wheel.  We are considering the "right click as Enter" functionality, but it has not yet been added to the development plan.

March 23, 2009, 09:35:06 AM
Your talking/thinking "time-sensative click"  correct?  Quick click = enter, longer (hold-down in milli-seconds) = context sensitive menu.

Cheers
~Nick

Home-Dell T3400 Quad Core Q6600 OC'd 3 GHz., 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3870, Windows 7 x64
ACAD 2012, DoubleCAD XT Pro v3, Alibre 2012 Expert, 123D

March 23, 2009, 10:00:47 AM
Correct

* March 23, 2011, 01:42:46 PM
Is there any update on this??? This is a major deal breaker with me as I never use tool bars, I am a keyboard and mouse only draftsman...

Also they need to make the paper space model space like autocad, where you can zoom and such in the viewport while in model space on the layout.

Otherwise I like the product.

-Daniel

It can depend on the mouse, the driver version, and operating system.  I'm not sure about assigning ENTER to a button though.  Some drivers come with applications that allow you to configure it.  In Windows XP (and probably similar in Vista) you can go to Control Panel, Printers and Other Hardware, then select Mouse.  That should allow you to configure your mouse's allowable settings.  See if there's an Enter in there...

March 24, 2011, 09:05:50 AM
Sorry, we haven't added this function to the mouse controls.

As for change space thru the viewport - you can
option 1: slect the viewport the click the bottom button on the left side toolbar.
(but since you don't use toolbars)option 2: Select the toolbar and enter the 'chspace' command

* November 08, 2012, 08:53:29 AM
Dude i listen first time to you that right mouse button click as a enter..its totally depend upon the mouse and also on the brand..please check out your mouse..