Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Identifying a SNAP
Read 3033 times
February 11, 2009, 04:36:02 PM
When you approach a snap point the cursor icon changes to indicate the type of snap it is.  Two ways to see the Drawing Aids menu are:  (1) type OSNAP in the command line, or (2) using the menu go to Modes - Snaps - Snap Options.

You will see the Icons on the left, and text for what those icons mean right next to them.

-- William

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

February 28, 2009, 08:55:07 PM
Nice tip, but is there a way to making the snap more noticeable? bigger and in another color? Whenever I'm using snap on, for instance on vertices, I'm not sure if the snap is being activated or not; it is so small! Only by taking a very close look, or changing the background to a light color can I see the purplish marker showing me the snap aid.

regards,

Alvaro
ps. Loving DoubleCAD XT more and more each minute I spend on it  ;)

March 01, 2009, 09:06:08 AM
I'm not sure that you can change the size/color of the SNAP.  If I'm wrong somebody will chime in here.  I'll talk to the dev team about this too -- some combinations could be very difficult for anyone with color blindness too.  Good suggestion.

William

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

March 04, 2009, 08:36:53 AM
Can't change them at the mopment - but it is a good suggetion. It is conceivable that elements such as Size, Color, Line thickness and maybe even Shape definition could be customizable.