Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Hidden Line view and Perspective
Read 3370 times
February 06, 2009, 04:13:36 PM
If you open a SketchUp file, or any 3D file for that matter, and prefer to see it in hidden line mode, in Model Space you can select View - Visual Styles - Hidden Line. 

If you are in a paper space, double click on the viewport (or in the context menu select Properties).  From the Properties menu under Render Styles select Hidden Line view.

If you have a Top or Side view in paper space that you want to dimension, double click on the viewport to open Properties, select Camera, then deselect "Perspective View" to turn it off.  Because this change is actually being made by "editing" the view in paper space it may reset the scale.  If so, go to Modify and select Space Change.  Then click once on the middle mouse button (to zoom extents in the viewport).  Then click outside of the viewport to deselect it.

-- William

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

* February 06, 2009, 07:22:36 PM
I tried to import a dwg with 3d solids to try this out with no luck, I'm assuming this has to do with the XT version and pro will handle this.

Just out of interest though, what hlr engine is DoubleCAD using, is it an IMSI design or is it something like d-cubed which acad uses for solprof/soldraw and allows for removal of tangential edges. This is really handy for things like steel beams etc where you don't wnat every hidden line visible for clarity.

thanks.

* February 06, 2009, 10:13:02 PM
DoubleCAD XT does not support ACIS solids. It may display the proxy graphics if that was generated by the application that created the DWG.

DoubleCAD XT Pro has full support for solid models.

XT uses our own geometry engine. For XT Pro we use ACIS solid modeler to read solid models. We also use the D-Cubed geometric and dimensional constraint engine.

Mauritz

February 06, 2009, 10:34:32 PM
Thanks Mauritz, and MickD for so quickly catching the hole in my explanation! 

So the tip above applies essentially to surface models...  (Pro will catch the solids too...)

- wm

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

* February 07, 2009, 12:44:08 AM
<snip>.... We also use the D-Cubed geometric and dimensional constraint engine.

Mauritz

Thanks Mauritz, that's the icing on the cake, can't wait till you have an API.
cheers,
Mick.