Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Mouse zoom speed
Read 4996 times
February 05, 2009, 05:06:21 PM
If you are like me and have a sensitive mouse, you may want to change the speed of the zoom.

Go to Options - Preferences.  There you will find zoom speed set to 2.  Try a number like 1.2 and see if that doesn't help.

-- William

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

February 05, 2009, 05:26:40 PM
Some other tricks to consider with zooming:

Our zoom function zooms to the cursor, so it can be disorienting at first (you'll get used to it in no time -- I hope).  If you zoom around and get lost using the mouse -- try clicking the center mouse button once.  It'll immediately zoom extents.

You can also use the + and - keys on the numeric keypad.  It still zooms while centering on the cursor, but with a zoom factor of 1.1 or 1.2 it might be easier to get a feel for it.

Also, you might try Tools - Customize.  Then click on Aliases and select the category Zoom under the View menu.  You will see the different zooms and you could set Zoom Window to have the keyboard alias of Z.

-- William

February 05, 2009, 07:30:42 PM
I personally like the Ctrl+W just like Designcad, it zooms to extents.

* March 02, 2009, 10:58:03 AM
I reassigned my mouse wheel to other functions.  Using the wheel not only zooms but also pans in two directions. I use the menu or shotcuts instead.

March 02, 2009, 03:17:03 PM
I reassigned my mouse wheel to other functions.  Using the wheel not only zooms but also pans in two directions. I use the menu or shotcuts instead.
???
Do you mean middle click? 

I think the default is if you hold down the mbutton you get active panning, scrolling gives you zoom in/out, single click gives zoom extents.

My mouse also has the side tilt which does give horizontal scroll, but this is annoying as all-get-out.

Cheers
~Nick

Home-Dell T3400 Quad Core Q6600 OC'd 3 GHz., 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3870, Windows 7 x64
ACAD 2012, DoubleCAD XT Pro v3, Alibre 2012 Expert, 123D

March 02, 2009, 07:34:30 PM
This is a great example of why we allow for flexibility and customizing!  One man's ideal, another's annoyance.  :)

* March 03, 2009, 04:46:05 AM
Yes.  If you are not primarily a cad user, you use the wheel for scrollong.  Accidentally, zooming when you intend to scroll happens frequently and is a true pain.