Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

DCad drawing changes entire drawing scale when saved as .dwg
Read 256 times
* April 08, 2017, 11:13:34 AM
I had been using DCad V2 for a few years.  All my drawings are in full size 1'=1' and I have made a number of them and then converted them to .dwg format with no problem.
I hadn't used the program for 6 months and I now edited an existing drawing and saved it as a .dwg but it converted the entire drawing scale from feet to inches on the .dwg file.  Initially when I do the "save as" the .dwg shows up correctly but then if I close it and re-open the .dwg it is converted to inches. In other words, a dimension that was 22' on the .2CD file became 1'10" (22") on the .dwg file.  I have tried many different options/trials with the same result.
I tried looking in the forum and I only found one similar problem where another user was having the same trouble with his metric dimensions being converted to inches.  The answer given from the Mod. was that it was being worked on.
So I downloaded V5 today and tried that.  Not good.  Not only was the scale converted to inches on the drawing, the background and drawing colors were reversed (white background to black and black lines were to white).
As I said earlier, I've used DCad for years with great results.  Not sure what changed but is there a workaround to get the .dwg drawing back to the full size (foot-inches) scale and now how to deal with the color changes?
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 06:01:40 AM by mabloodhound »

* April 09, 2017, 11:08:04 AM
I guess we can mark this 'solved'....somewhat.  Although I don't know what caused the problem I have found a working solution.  I copied all the data from the original DCad drawing and pasted it into a blank sheet created from another working DCad drawing.
I saved that as a .dwg and the scale was OK although it still swapped the colors around and I had to change the background back to white.
I guess it must have been some bug in the original DCad V2 drawing.
I'm back in production now.