Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Snapping to center of a given circle.
Read 301 times
* November 03, 2016, 04:32:25 PM
I recently received a TurboCAD LTE Pro training disk. One exercise is to insert a regular octagon into a circle; the center of the octagon is supposed to snap to the center of the circle. I can't find a snap tool for snapping to the center of a circle, so please tell me how this is done. Also, the octagon doesn't fit exactly inside the circle when properly positioned (by other means)---is this a fluke of TurboCAD, or am I possibly doing something wrong?

* November 03, 2016, 07:45:18 PM
Make sure "Modes / Snaps / Center" is active, then click on the Circle perimeter. The Polygon tool will ask if you want the polygon "Inscribed" or "Circumscribed" to the Circle (inside or outside), then it will snap to the center of the circle. To finish the polygon, you could use a hotkey when you're over the circle; "Alt+Q" to snap to a Quadrant, "Alt+N" to snap to any near point on the circle or enter an Angle & Radius.

John R

* November 09, 2016, 06:58:22 PM
Thanks, John R. I was confused at seeing only an arc with center snap. I now know that is a circle center snap as well.