Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Keyboards issue
Read 1319 times
* November 03, 2014, 01:37:22 AM
Hi to all,

overnight, unless I change my settings or options some keyboards have stopped working. They was associated with the snap command, erase, esc (I can not deselect an object or an action by pressing esc) and i don't know if others stopped to work.

I tried to assign new keys in tools - customize and I solved the problem for commands ortho and snap on / off, but not for the erase command or for the esc action.

This inconvenience is really frustrating. Has anyone suggestions and help?

Ty. Sorry for my english.
Mokugino.

* November 06, 2014, 07:20:29 AM
I decided to unistall and reinstall doubleCAD XT 5. It worked until now, when it repeats the same bug.

Can someone help me to solve this problem? Any idea?

November 11, 2014, 07:00:18 AM
The only thing I can suggest is to make the changes, close turbocad, then make a copy of the new tcconsole file (from the TurboCAD forlder) and save it to a safe place.
Then when the issue occurs, close turbocad, copy that saved file into the the TC folder to replace the corrupted file, restart TC.

It is a bit of a hack, but it is a lot better then having to rebuild your aliases everytime.

* October 29, 2015, 07:00:04 AM
Brain - This exact same issue has occurred on two work stations in my office running DoubleCAD. I ran DoubleCAD for years on a 3rd workstation for years without the issue but that was on a 32 bit OS vs the 64 bit ones we are running today. Can you point me to the exact folder or file you are suggesting to keep a copy of?

Thanks,
Ryan

* October 29, 2015, 08:23:19 AM
I believe the "tconsole.txt" file will be found in an "AppData" sub-folder. In my TurboCAD LTE Pro 7x64, it's at:
C:\Users\John R\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD\7x64\LTE Pro\Data\Profiles\Built-In

Bear in mind that this area is usually "hidden" in Windows Explorer. Go to "Tools / Folder Options—›View" page and change settings to "Show hidden files and folders".

John R