Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Counting/Reporting entities
Read 631 times
* March 09, 2016, 05:38:08 AM
I have the current version of TurboCAD LTE Pro 8.0. I make drawings of irrigation sprinkler systems for golf courses. I use blocks for different types of sprinklers and would like to get a count of the number of each variety of blocks. Each sprinkler type would be on a different layer. I also have different layers of irrigation pipe sizes as lines and would like to have a total lineal footage of each layer of pipe sizes Is there any way to do these “counts”?

* March 09, 2016, 12:46:08 PM

John R

* March 11, 2016, 07:49:33 AM
Thanks, that is some help, but still struggling how best to "add up" the length of the lines on a layer. I have a layer of only 2" pipe lines, not all connected and need to know the total linear footage of those lines.

* March 11, 2016, 09:40:15 AM
My simplistic approach would be to go to "Tools / Database / Report…" and "Create" a report. From the "Common" category add "Length" and "Layer" to the Report Fields. Down below in "Query Criteria" you can refine the report to just the "2 Inch" layer. Back in the Reports window you can click on the "Report" button to generate a detailed list. Click on the "Grand Total" button for a total of the Lengths.

Hope some of this helps.

John R

* March 14, 2016, 12:24:27 PM
John, thanks. It does help, but when I do this, and generate the report with the Query Criteria to refine the report to the "2 inch" layer, it says the generated report is empty. But I know my lines drawn are identified on the 2" layer only. Doesn't make sense. Is there a reason the Query Criteria is not picking up the line lengths?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:25:49 AM by afclark »