Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Layers
Read 1629 times
* August 18, 2015, 06:08:20 AM
Am having a problem with layers.
Eg....setting up lights on 'lighting layer' and then moving some to the 'emergency lighting layer'
However, after doing this, they seem to be stuck on both layers.
They show up in properties as 'emergency lighting layer' but keep the 'lighting layer' pen colour.
And I need to have both layers set to visible, to see them. Hiding one or other of the layers makes them invisible.
It's probably something very simple.
Thanks,
Richard.

* August 18, 2015, 06:10:33 AM
Oh, I'm using Doublecad XT, by the way.

August 18, 2015, 07:52:26 AM
That seems odd - I think, possibly you duplicated the objects. Try selecting one on one layer and deleting it. if it still appears you have duplication.

* August 18, 2015, 09:18:15 PM
Thanks Brian,
No they haven't been duplicated. Both layers need to be on to make the objects visible. If either of the layers are off, the objects can't be seen.
Is it possible that the objects were made in another layer and then reassigned, ie doors created in layer 0 and then reassigned to layer doors?
I wouldn't have thought this would be a problem.

* August 18, 2015, 09:21:11 PM
Aah...I also see I should have posted this in the Doublecad XT section. Sorry.

August 19, 2015, 07:19:30 AM
it should not be a problem. The only other thing i can think of is that you are using blocks or groups. in which case the members of a group/block can be on their own layer while the group/block is on a separate layer. turn either off and the result is invisible.

* August 19, 2015, 07:31:21 AM
Thanks Brian,
That sounds like it.
The question is, how have I done that, and how can I solve it?

* August 19, 2015, 07:37:17 AM
Oh, and are you considering a mobile version, that you can draft from scratch on site using an ipad.
Something similar to Autocad 360 that actually blooming works :-)

August 27, 2015, 01:25:28 PM
Sorry about the delay, went on vacation then was ill for a week.

You need to go into block editing mode, select the parts of the block and specify the layer as "Layer by Block".

* August 28, 2015, 06:32:52 AM
Thanks Brian.
I hope you're feeling better now.
I went into Block Editor and changed everything to Layer 0.
That seems to have worked, but I will change everything to "Layer by Block" as you've advised.
It's a really neat bit of software, by the way...just takes some getting used to I guess.