Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Changing a drawing to scale & matching a grid
Read 1093 times
* February 11, 2015, 02:20:39 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm new to TurboCad or any other CAD program for that matter, so forgive my basic question.
I'm using TurboCad LTE Pro Version 7), 32 bit, on a Windows 7 (32 Bit) based laptop.
I've read the manual and have watched all the youtube and other training videos I can.
My work task is to take pre-done drawings, scale them to the right dimensions, add a grid and then add layers that for instance, show where desks are etc.
Please see the attached sample drawing.

What I'm stuck with, is to first of all get the drawing to the right scale, where the dimensions of a room and then hopefully the rest of the building are correct. To do this I'm pressing Ctrl "A" and then changing the X and Y scaling. Doing this, I haven't been able to get close to the correct dimensions yet!

Secondly, I'm trying to, once I get the drawing scale right, create 1 metre by 1 metre grid over it, so that I can add desks etc that are correctly scaled to the room size.
Can I get someone's help in figuring this out please? I've tried everything I can and am pulling my hair out!

Regards,
Rob

February 25, 2015, 07:21:43 AM
Find an objects in X where you know what the dimension should be exactly. (say 1.73m) call that A Then find what its is in LTE (say 2.56m) call that B. Divide A by B A/B then use the result as your scale factor for both  X and Y