Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

edit text artifact or what?
Read 1277 times
* October 02, 2014, 03:25:02 PM
Using DC XT V2.1
drawing done using the white Architectural template
I create text but when I try to go back and edit it (double click) some sort of gray box and artifact appears on top of the drawing (see photo)
It Looks like a house gable end and if you scroll up there will be a mirror image gable at the top.   This is not anything I have ever seen or created.
As soon as I finish editing the text (or Escape) it disappears from the drawing.

I don't get this when I use a Normal White template.
How do I get rid of this because at times it covers up the text I am attempting to edit.
Thanks, Dave Mason

Edit:   It appears to have something to do with multi-line text.   I don't know why I don't see this in my "Normal" template when I add or edit multi line text.   I am now having a problem creating a new text box in the Architectural drawing.   Cannot seem to 'size' the text box. :(

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:03:06 PM by mabloodhound »

October 08, 2014, 06:14:15 AM
Sorry, i just haven't been able to replicate this.

* October 08, 2014, 11:12:17 AM
Thanks for looking.   I went back to my Normal template items and when I Edit the text I have a similar but considerably smaller object.
This is what I see.   Now this drawing is from the Normal template and is in inches and the problem drawing is from the Architectural template and is in feet.
It is the same "artifact" but blown up in size.   Both of these texts are multi-line text.
Is it because the drawing scale is so much larger?   Maybe I need to download V5 and get rid of this V2.1?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:14:54 AM by mabloodhound »

October 14, 2014, 06:46:10 AM
Ah! That is the Tab/Margin control box for the multi-text. It functions just like its equivalent in Word.
The reason that it is so large in the first case is that you are too zoomed in. Or to be more precise - you are zooming in after you define the text line.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:49:34 AM by thebrian »

* October 14, 2014, 08:27:02 AM
Thanks.
So now I know what it is but...........
I do not zoom in after I define the text line.   As you can see the text is actually quite small in that first photo.
But I presume it is because I am drawing in Feet, not inches.
I like the text to be readable as I type it and if I were to zoom out I wouldn't have any idea what I was typing.
I guess I'll have to live with it.
Again, thanks.