Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

How do I get rid of duplicate lines
Read 1511 times
* September 22, 2014, 11:28:53 AM
I am trying to clean up a file with DoubleCAD and trying to find out how to get rid of duplicate lines (overlapping lines of the same length) - any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:48:48 AM by spider »

* September 22, 2014, 12:03:21 PM
Not sure what you mean exactly. First thing that came to mind, hit the "Delete" key.

Another thought, Select By Entity Type. Hold the Shift key while clicking on the selected objects to deselect a single item from the selection, then delete the rest.

Lastly, Use choice while selecting.
  • Choose one object from the list that you want to keep.
  • Hold the Shift key while dragging a selection window over the other items.
  • The other items are selected while the one object is deselected.
  • Now you can delete the other items.

You might have Select by Query to refine a search.

John R

* September 22, 2014, 12:33:21 PM
Thanks John
What I've got is a file with hundreds of duplicate lines and I need to somehow purge the file and get rid of all these duplicate lines?

* September 22, 2014, 09:07:38 PM
I don't know of any quick way to this. I remember doing something similar long ago with exploded viewports. I eventually created a new 'tracing' layer, then traced over the duplicates. I then turned off the layers with the duplicates to check the tracing. If all was okay, I could turn off the trace layer, turn on the duplicates, Delete all that stuff. I think this would be quicker than picking and choosing.

John R

* September 23, 2014, 10:27:51 AM
Hey John
As you say there is no quick way I've found to do this, in fact I had to unfortunately use another program to clean up my file. Never mind, hopefully IMSI will add a tool to delete duplicates (wink wink big nudge to Brian).