Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Hatch Fill
Read 994 times
September 12, 2014, 03:51:15 PM
I have a file that I have drawn and the client requests that the hatch be a hatch fill, no problems there. The outline is 1mm wide(client request). Problem is when I do the hatch fill the hatch almost covers the outline. Any thoughts? It is as if the hatch is going to the nominal midpoint of the line.

I have attached the file. Note, the file you see has a number of other items there and each item is on it's own layer and turned off. Hatch Fill, Outline and dimensions are all on the same layer. Not Ideal but this works for the client.

EDIT: This morning I have created the same object in both TurboCAD Pro V16 (upgrading to V21 later this year) using the same drawing parameters and have got the same result. I have confirmed the result in AutoCAD LT2004. To get a more bold outline showing, I increased the line width to 2mm and this confirms my comment from yesterday that the hatch fills to the drawing points of the outline and NOT to the boundry of the line width.

Confirmed also with DesignCAD.

I have answered my question.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:16:13 PM by SteveMS »

BETA man and proud Kiwi. aka Steve The Kiwi
Supreme writer of DesignCAD Tutorials
Toshiba L50 Laptop - It is OK.
Intel i5-337U @1.8GHz, 12 gig RAM, 64 Bit Win 10
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

* September 13, 2014, 12:47:32 PM
Using "Send to Back" on the hatched polyline seemed to work here. That brought the 1mm lines-n-arcs in front of the hatch pattern.

Another option, give the polyline a Black, 1mm pen setting and the Brush a Gray pen color.

John R

September 13, 2014, 12:56:02 PM
Will try that John. Thanks, never crossed my mind, this is something IMSI have over AutoDesk.

BETA man and proud Kiwi. aka Steve The Kiwi
Supreme writer of DesignCAD Tutorials
Toshiba L50 Laptop - It is OK.
Intel i5-337U @1.8GHz, 12 gig RAM, 64 Bit Win 10
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M