Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

california buildng code standard construction details
Read 1767 times
* January 12, 2014, 10:44:24 AM
Hello community,
I am a California builder who occasionally does design work.  I am looking for a place where I can download standard construction detail blocks  (foundation, floor to foundation and floor to wall connections, wall assembly, wall to roof connection etc.) so I do not have to reinvent the wheel and draw each detail.  these must meet the 2007 California building code (CBC) and or IRC.  this stuff is so standard that it seems it should be easy to find yet I have looked all over the internet to no avail.  I suppose I could 'snapshot' pdf's of house plans I have built but this looks so unprofessional.
thanks in advance.
I can be emailed direct at jsimmonsd@gmail.com

January 13, 2014, 07:41:29 AM
I have never seen a site with these in particular. Most Architectural firms have developed these for the firm per their own standards. BiblioCAD does have some drawings in DWG, but I cannot affirm that they are to CA standard, but since they are DWG you can modify them.

http://www.bibliocad.com/library/wood-roof-framing--details_23574

May 17, 2014, 07:09:30 PM
I know this is rather late in the piece, could you not call on a timber frame company? Those that pre-nail frames and ask them as they may have cad files that you could grab?

BETA man and proud Kiwi. aka Steve The Kiwi
Supreme writer of DesignCAD Tutorials
Toshiba L50 Laptop - It is OK.
Intel i5-337U @1.8GHz, 12 gig RAM, 64 Bit Win 10
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M