Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Flatten Sketchup
Read 1270 times
* December 04, 2013, 01:57:38 PM
My problem is simple: the sketchup imported file is TOO BIG. Too much information, my computer slows to a crawl. I only need the 2D, for elevations and sections. As is, all the 3D information packed in there is making molasses of my quad core i7. Or so I theorize must be the problem (Sketchup does not slow me down this way, and if you know another reason this might happen, I'd be glad to hear it. But my guess is Autocad is trying to process all that info its way, and its way doesn't work the way programs natively built to use it do, and results in overload). I haven't had much luck solving it in AutoCad. I need a way to delete all information not seen in hidden line mode, or as close to that as I can get. Overkill helped a little, not enough.

December 05, 2013, 07:49:15 AM
Flattening won't work. All of the geometry, hence data, will remain. ... However, if you are only interested in info on the ground plane, you  could open the file. Use a 3D side view (right left front back) select and delete only those objects above the work/ ground plane. I would select only sections at a time as it sounds like a large model and selection ties up resources.