Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Getting the Scale Correct in Paper Space
Read 2883 times
* September 06, 2013, 07:02:01 PM
I'm struggling with this one. I am trying to draw a 500 ft line in paper space to scale, and can't seem to figure it out. I gave up trying to do so by changing the scale in paper space and started working in model space. Of course, I can draw the 500 ft line and Doublecad will dimension it correctly - yea! But, when I create a viewport and open that view in the paper space, the size on the paper space is based on how I define the 2 point of the window, and don't seem to relate to the scale of the paper scpae at all. For example, the paper space scale is set at 1:1. I can click on the viewport and drag it bigger or smaller and that works fine. But, the final paper space drawing wont be to scale when I print it. It certainly isn't 1:1!

Any tips?

* September 09, 2013, 03:45:54 AM
Hi
Long since,  I looked at this forum. Now I'm using TurboCAD Pro.
Do this
- In Paper space  click left mouse button  on view (it should highlight or mark)
- Then right-click on highlighted view and from context menu  select "Properties / Viewport"
- Check "Fixed" field and set scale
- If you need apply viewport boundary (at first draw bigger rectangle to select it later as a boundary) and then use from the menu "View / viewports / Update Viewport Boundary"
Marek