Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Scale of paperspace symbols opened in Autocad
Read 2308 times
* June 26, 2013, 04:53:50 AM
Hi All

I've got a problem when I create a drawing in DoublecadXT V5 and then save it as a DWG for use by clients.

When I open the file in Autodesk Truview to make sure it looks OK, the symbols that I have inserted into the paperspace view are massive and completely obscure the drawing ???.

Does anyone know how to lock the scale of symbols/ blocks in the paperspace so that when opened in autocad/ truview they look the same as they do in DoubleCad.

Thanks. Callum

June 26, 2013, 06:02:26 AM
What type of 'symbols' are you using?

* June 26, 2013, 07:06:39 AM
Thanks for the reply

I imported some raster images to over lay onto my site plan which was created in the model space, they were either BMP or Jpeg.

June 26, 2013, 08:21:38 AM
So, in paperspace, you are showing the raster image you inserted in model space via viewports? Or are the images in paperspace only?
Either way, is the image referenced or embedded? AutoCAD (and therefore TrueView) only supports referenced images. In essence they are treated like Xrefs.

First I would Try different toggling the embdded/referenced property.
Then I would try and creating a block for each image and inserting  the block at the required location - this may insulate the image from the scaling issue.

* June 27, 2013, 02:33:24 AM
Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The images are only in paper space.

I create a site plan in the model space and then insert a viewport into paper space which shows the site plan at the correct scale. I then annotate the paper space to create a tree protection plan by inserting raster diagrams (tree protection fence specifications etc).

It all looks great when I either view the paper space in Doublecad or print to hard copy or Pdf from within Doublecad. The problem arrives when I save the file as a dwg and then open it in Truview. The Model space looks fine but when I view the paper space the objects I have inserted are huge.

June 27, 2013, 08:16:47 AM
It sounds like TrueView is ignoring the Paper Space scaling factor with regard to raster images I can't say why. However, 1) try the block method I mentioned in the previous post 2) try putting the raster in model space (away from the site plan) and using viewports to layer in the raster content over the site plan viewports in paper space.

* June 29, 2013, 03:25:11 AM
Thanks for the replies!

I'll try what you have suggested and report back, fingers crossed :D