Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

v5: offset rounded corners
Read 2582 times
* March 19, 2013, 05:59:28 AM
Hi,
I installed DoubleCAD XT v5 and I'm very glad to find the Through option for the Offset command.
But now the Rounded Corners option is disappeared and set by default so every offset operation get rounded corners. It's so annoying.

Do you find some solution to get an offset for a polyline without rounded corners?
Using the “Parallel line” command or exploding the offset polyline and then rejoining the segments with “Meet to line” command is really an inefficient procedure.
Thanks

* March 20, 2013, 01:34:06 AM
I think the missing "Rounded Corners" option is a BUG and should be reported to Support.

Another workaround to try is to use the 2D Fillet tool with a Radius of Zero; no exploding necessary. Each rounded corner becomes straight.

* March 20, 2013, 07:23:37 AM
Thanks John,
I reported the topic in the bug section.
Unfortunately your workaround doesn't work for polyline with rounded corner: the polyline option in the 2D fillet command is available only if every segment is already straight.

* February 07, 2016, 02:08:32 AM
Hi, got to http://www.danielleaubert.com/3-week-diet-review/ to read about the 3 Week Diet.
I installed DoubleCAD XT v5 and I'm very glad to find the Through option for the Offset command.
But now the Rounded Corners option is disappeared and set by default so every offset operation get rounded corners. It's so annoying.

Do you find some solution to get an offset for a polyline without rounded corners?
Using the “Parallel line” command or exploding the offset polyline and then rejoining the segments with “Meet to line” command is really an inefficient procedure.
Thanks

Is anyone else still getting rounded corners? Because I am. What is the latest version of Double Cad? Maybe I'm not up to date.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 04:33:25 AM by 40Cad »

* February 07, 2016, 09:10:17 AM
re: …What is the latest version of Double Cad?

TurboCAD LTE, V8 and Pro V8 are the latest versions of the product that has replaced DoubleCAD; just a name change.

John R