Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

dimensions to big for drawing
Read 3189 times
* February 08, 2013, 06:09:12 AM
I am learning to use turbo cad lte 4 and am trying to add dimensions to small part I want to make. I am in the model drawing area and can't get the dimensions to scale down to the size of the part. Not sure where to look or what to change. I'm also unclear on how or why you need to move your drawing to paper space when it appears you can print from model space.   

* February 09, 2013, 03:05:10 AM
Bring up Properties for Dimensions; from the Local Menu or use "Ctrl+F". On the Format page, change the "Dimension Size Scale" to something less than "1"; i.e. "0.125".
Dimension Size Scale: The scaling factor for displaying the dimension. Use this feature to change the overall size of a dimension instead of editing individual parameters (text size, arrowhead size, etc).

re: Paperspace
You create "Views" in Model Space and insert a "Viewport" into Paper Space. A Viewport will contain one of your Views. The views can be set to a precise scale in Viewport Properties. You could have several Viewports in Paper Space, all at different scales.
It may seem like overkill on something simple, but it becomes very useful on complicated drawings.

* February 12, 2013, 09:49:31 AM
Thanks so much John for your reply. I just got the manual printed which should work better with my learning style. I bought TC lte  a little over a year ago when I had to upgrade my computers and discovered that Auto Cad stopped supporting Quick Cad which I had used for years. It won't work on the newer windows operating systems. I have felt  quite overwhelmed by TC LTE. a much larger program than Quickcad was. I am thinking there may have been a more suitable choice for me in the turbo cad line up with a smaller learning curve. I have had to keep an old laptop going with Quick cad on it so I could continue design work for my company. Anyway things have changed for me and I really need to move on from quickcad. I have a CNC router coming and need to get more proficient on cad. Art Cam comes with my router package and I thought the drawing components of that would cover my needs but they really are not enough and certainly not the forte' of any Cad Cam software. I have downloaded the trial versions of both TC deluxe 19 and Design Cad 3D Max and think this is more where I need to be headed. My thoughts are that its better to stick with the smallest program that fills your needs re- shorter learning curve and easier to master.   TCdeluxe 19 looks amazing for the money but still may have far more capability than I will ever use so I am leaning toward Design Cad 3dmax.  Any thoughts?
Thanks
Phil
www.shawpercussion.com

* February 12, 2013, 01:49:47 PM
I've never used DesignCAD, so I can't say anything Pro or Con, but it does have a loyal following of users.

TurboCAD has 2 places that come to mind for help outside of their excellent Forum: CADCourse.com for training, etc. and Textual Creations for tutorials. Don has some Deluxe tutorials at the bottom of his shopping page.

There is training material for TurboCAD LTE which can be found here: Training for TurboCAD® LTE & LTE Pro.