Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Dynamic Pan
Read 1544 times
* December 07, 2012, 06:13:10 AM
Running DoubleCAD XT on a Windows XP 64 bit machine...

When I try to use the MMB to dynamic pan in a drawing the usual response is for the screen to go blank. I then have to zoom extents to get back to the drawing. At best the view zooms to extents. The pan feature does not work at all. Are there configuration options that I am not seeing? Thanks.

* December 07, 2012, 06:24:10 AM
OK, so after some playing I did find the customize other control dialog, however this does not seem to be working wither. I have the MMB click action assigned to PanToPoint. However, when I try it, if I hold my MMB down for more than a second or so, the command that is called is to define the center point of the view. No matter how many times I make sure the MMB command is set to point, I can not get it out of the view center command. Any thoughts? I am using an Intellipoint mouse.

December 10, 2012, 10:21:46 AM
Maybe, Try seeing if you can update your mouse driver.

* December 12, 2012, 12:52:18 PM
re: I have the MMB click action assigned to PanToPoint. However, when I try it, if I hold my MMB down for more than a second or so, the command that is called is to define the center point of the view. No matter how many times I make sure the MMB command is set to point, I can not get it out of the view center command. Any thoughts?

I gave it a try and was able to get it to work. Pressing and releasing the MMB activates the Pan to Point tool. A little aperture-object appears on the tip of the cursor. I then "Left-click" at the point where I want the view to pan to. This is a 2-step process.

If none of the default assignments found on the Additional Devices Setup page work, then Brian's advice may help.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:53:49 PM by John R »