Author Topic: Using DoubleCAD XT with Epilog Mini-24 Laser Cutter  (Read 667 times)

gregwest98

Using DoubleCAD XT with Epilog Mini-24 Laser Cutter
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:29:34 AM »
I have just started testing out DoubleCAD XT (free version) for use with an Epilog laser cutter.  This machine is kind of strange in that it wants PDF files.  I create a PDF file, take it to the hackerspace where the laser cutter is, open it and print from Adobe Reader and the Epilog print driver lets me choose the material, etc.

Here's my issue:  this laser cutter uses line width to decide if it is to cut or engrave.  The line width (in the PDF) must be set to .001" exactly in order to cut a vector.  Otherwise it will go into raster mode and do an engraving.

I'm a little confused as to how to make this happen.  I have imported a series of DXF files (produced by a third-party gear generating program) that I want to cut out.  Do I select all these and adjust the 'properties' in order to set the line width when I do the print-to-PDF?

dabuttery

Re: Using DoubleCAD XT with Epilog Mini-24 Laser Cutter
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »
When you 'print' the file, check to see if there's a print Properties section you can access. That may be where you can choose between raster engraving and vector cutting.