Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Rectangle fill color disappears when converted to block
Read 2177 times
* November 05, 2012, 03:24:43 PM
thebrain, being able to turn off "Convert background colors" was a big help.  Is there any way to make the "OFF" selection the default?

My other problem is when creating a rectangle to go "under" drawings (such as doors) to blank out walls or parallel lines under the inserted drawing, the rectangle appears to be transparent. 

I can draw a test rectangle and set the line to blank, color to white, and Convert background from "By Drawing" to "No".
Then I change the brush to solid white, select pattern color to white and change By Drawing to No.

If I move this block over a wall or parallel lines it WILL blank out the wall, etc.

However, if I make this rectangle a block and drag it into my drawing over a wall, it is transparent.

I've been working on this without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

P.S. I've attached two segments of drawings.  One is a Window Block, that I created in TurboCAD 19 Deluxe, inserted into a wall.  The wall at the insertion point is blanked out.

The second is a Window Block, created in LTE Pro 5 in exactly the same way and inserted into a wall.  The Pro 5 drawing blanked out the wall at the insertion point, but after making it into a block, it did not.

I hope this is helpful.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:23:59 AM by imjohn »

* November 10, 2012, 09:28:27 AM
Well I've given up on LTE 5 and gone back to Deluxe 19 to finish my project.
5 has too many bugs and the help file is not much help.
Right now I feel that 5 was money wasted.
Hopefully they will straighten it out with an update.  It's a nice concept, if they can get it to work right and maybe do a specific help file rather than starting from an old boilerplate.
John

December 22, 2012, 12:54:13 AM
John, I have been away working and have just seen your post tonight. Could you post the file up and I will take a look over the break we have down here?

BETA man and proud Kiwi. aka Steve The Kiwi
Supreme writer of DesignCAD Tutorials
Toshiba L50 Laptop - It is OK.
Intel i5-337U @1.8GHz, 12 gig RAM, 64 Bit Win 10
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M