Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

DoubleCAD Pro to TurboCAD LTE Pro
Read 4407 times
October 19, 2012, 08:04:47 AM
DoubleCAD Pro v1, 2, or 3 owners can upgrade to TurboCAD LTE Pro for $195.  If you own a copy of DoubleCAD Pro and did not receive our email announcement, contact IMSI/Design directly by email sales@imsidesign.com or by telephone at 1.800.833.8082 or 1.415.483.8000 Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm Pacific Time for assistance.  Please include your serial number, activation key, and the email address you registered your software with in your email message or available when you call.

* November 20, 2012, 12:56:18 PM
How long will this offer be valid?

Thanks,

Brian in Alberta

DoubleCAD XT Pro on Win XP

* November 21, 2012, 04:10:14 AM
There certainly seems to be a lot of offers around lately, I was emailed an offer the other day to purchase LTE pro for $49.00.

What gives?  I know that IMSI is entitled to offer any price they wish when they want, but my goodness me please respect the rest of us dedicated users, particularly when someone buys a copy for the 'full' retail price and then only a week or so later the same product is up for grabs for just pennies!

This is really bad practice and in my opinion just sends out the message that you guys just don`t give a s***.

Do us long-time users get a refund at these times -I don`t think so!

Or is it that you think the product is losing favour, this is probably more like it going by the recent posts concerning bugs or poorly produced documentation.

C`mon guys get it together and have a little heart here. I am getting the message that maybe it`s all going down the drain.

November 27, 2012, 11:24:37 AM
I'll look in to the $49 price point for LTE Pro, that doesn't sound right more like a price for LTE.

Anyway, We have a standing policy - if you have bought a product from us and that product is offered at a lower price within 30 days you can call our sales line and, essentially, switch to the lower price. In effect a refund for the difference. I beleive that the actual mechanism is that sales will refund the original amount and charge the new lower price, but they'll have the details.

Nope, everything isn't going down the drain, what you are seeing is the usual holiday push - Black Friday, Cyber Monday et al.

* December 05, 2012, 07:09:15 PM
Are you sure it was for LTE Pro?  Pricing mistakes do happen... but to the best of everyone's knowledge here, we have never sold a new LTE Pro for $49... not even upgrades.

Could it have been an offer to upgrade from non-Pro LTE v3 or v4 to LTE v5?  That's $49.

Sorry for any confusion here, I wholeheartedly agree with the negative sentiments below.  Note, though, we're pleased to say that LTE line is gaining favor, there's no doubt the "TurboCAD" brand resonates with CAD consumers.

* February 09, 2013, 06:39:40 AM
Hi.
Ive been away from Doublecad for a year and had ver3 PRO.
Did a complete system install and went back locking for Doublecad again, and then I see this.
What gives? Is Doublecad merged into a new product? I have been waiting for ver 4 over a year now.
Dont understand...

Also IMSI design homepage did not find my account by email-ID, although I have a Doublecad license!
Is that also wiped out? I admit, did not try that hard, but still..

Thanks.

* February 21, 2013, 08:10:36 AM
On the www.DoubleCAD.com home page, we made the following announcement:

"DoubleCAD XT Pro is now called TurboCAD LTE Pro. Same great DoubleCAD, just a new name. New Version 5 now available."

Note that the original free DoubleCAD XT is still available, though. 

You may ask why did we change the name for one and not the other?  It just seemed logical to us that our paid products should be consolidated under the "Turbo" brand and the free product under "DoubleCAD."

As far as your ID is concerned, nothing should be lost.  Can you call tech support to sort it out?  1.800.833.8082 [press 2]  Thx.

* February 23, 2013, 04:55:23 AM
Yes, I see it now. My bad.
It just seemed logical to us that our paid products should be consolidated under the "Turbo" brand

There I do not agree it was na need to change name. There already was a PRO version with more features. That way one knows what to expect when upgrading to PRO.
So what happends now when trial period for TurboCAD LTE Pro is over(if there is a trial) it changes name to Doublecad? :D

Just my opinions...

I will contact help support, or retry again.

Thanks for helping.

* February 27, 2013, 04:50:25 PM
I agree with you that keeping the DoubleCAD name on the paid products is the easiest way to let someone know what the correct upgrade path is.  However, the TurboCAD name is so strong that it's helped move more paid product outside of the DC upgrade path... that's a good thing because that also helps fund our free DoubleCAD effort. <smile>

"So what happends now when trial period for TurboCAD LTE Pro is over(if there is a trial) it changes name to Doublecad?"

The TurboCAD LTE Pro trial runs for 30 days.  If you want to switch to free DoubleCAD XT v5, you have to download that separately.