Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

ISSUE #3 -- "Lost in Space"
Read 1870 times
* October 07, 2012, 10:49:54 AM
ISSUE #3 -- Failure of commands nearing RIGHT edge of model space work area.

This issue applies to TC LTE ver. 5 (64-bit)

The LINE command appears to function normally -- until you are within 3 or 4 inches of the right edge of the model space work area.  When you enter this "TWILIGH ZONE," the line commands cease working.

I am using a 22" View Sonic LED monitor (wide aspect ratio) and I have NO problems with other graphic programs -- Adobe Illustrator, Sketchup Pro, etc.  NONE!

What is really odd is that when I move the area I'm working on to the left -- toward the center of the screen -- the LINE commands work properply.   I have not checked to see if this glitch also happens close to the left edge of the model space work area.  I will and let you know.  UPDATE:  The line commands appear to work correctly close to the left edge of the model space area, but the 3 or 4 inch area (that's significant) near the right edge of the model space work area is a "dead zone." 

I just checked my TC LTE ver. 4, and the same problem exists with the "dead zone."  Jeez!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:59:03 AM by Louisaz »

October 08, 2012, 02:49:33 PM
Louisaz, I have been unable to replicate the line not working in v4 or v5. Has anyone else tripped over this?

* October 11, 2012, 02:15:24 AM
No problems here snapping along the right edge. One anomaly I do notice, is when starting a Line too close to the edge; the Length field slides under the Angle field. I have no problem establishing a start point or subsequent points next to the right edge with the Line tool.

October 14, 2012, 12:17:17 AM
John, me too in 'vanilla'. The same happens in Pro. Confirmed. Also, if you drag down to the bottom of the screen, 'Define Start...' slides under. To me, not a big problem. Perhaps because I am an easy going Kiwi?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:19:03 AM by SteveMS »

BETA man and proud Kiwi. aka Steve The Kiwi
Supreme writer of DesignCAD Tutorials
Toshiba L50 Laptop - It is OK.
Intel i5-337U @1.8GHz, 12 gig RAM, 64 Bit Win 10
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M