Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

move command problem - help!
Read 2522 times
* July 20, 2012, 05:09:05 AM
Move command causes program to crash.  This occurs when moving a toolbar outside of the work area.I'm running windows 7 ultimate, 64-bit Dell Precision (new). Does anyone have a clue as to how I could overcome this problem?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:14:45 AM by jtomaino »

July 23, 2012, 10:05:29 AM
Hmm. DC is not supported on 64 bit machines. Nevetheless, could you expand on "moving a toolbar outside of the work area"  I am unclear as moving a toolbar does not relate to the "Move Command"  Are you trying to dock a toolbar some where, move it off to outside the application window etc.?

* July 24, 2012, 03:48:39 AM
Yes. The problem occurs when I attempt to dock a toolbar outside the application area. I'm disappointed tolearn that 64 bit is not supported. How come?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:51:22 AM by jtomaino »

July 27, 2012, 10:50:04 AM
To be clear the DC will run on 64bit systems. We don't support for 64bit specifically because DC was not fully tested on 64bit systems, and because some licenced moduals are not certified for 64bit configurations. A matter of timing in development. This can lead to non-resolvable issues. Future versions of DC and LTE will support 64bit configs.

I don't have a specific resolution or cause for your circumstances. To delve deeper, Are you using dual or single monitors. And if dual, are you dragging from one monitor to the other?

* July 28, 2012, 03:57:10 AM
Thanks for the explanation. I look forward to the next version.

As to the problem, the computer is a laptop workstation. I keep Outlook & other "secondary" programs on the laptop screen. I use DC on the larger (24") auxiliary screen. Given that setup, I only use one monitor with DC.

* August 14, 2012, 11:31:03 AM
Future versions of DC and LTE will support 64bit configs.
Thanks - this is good to know, I also will look forward to 64 bit configs being supported as I have 2 x 64 bit machines at home and several at work! Funny thing though I have installed DoubleCAD XT pro on all of them and 'touch wood' (in this case my head) no major problems with running this software - however I did install on - I think - 3 of them using 'compatibility' mode. But as I say no real problems and again I am pleased to hear that future versions will support 64 bits.  :)