Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

How and where do I download a trial version....
Read 4136 times
* January 02, 2009, 04:32:51 AM
of whatever the software will be called?

Hello everyone, happy new year to you all!

I have been waiting patiently for A/CAD or whatever it will be called. I'm a longtime TurboCAD user (from v3) who hopes that this software will help me handle AutoCAD in a more user friendly way.

Am I too early for the download? If not where do I download it at?

Regards, David

* January 02, 2009, 07:20:44 AM
Not sure if Brian will want you to sign up as a beta tester or just wait for the release of DoubleCAD XT, he'll respond.

I have a question, though:  What do you mean by, "handle AutoCAD in a more user friendly way"?  Do you mean file compatibility?  Or user interface?  Or other usability?

P.S.  Thx for being a long term customer!

January 02, 2009, 07:22:23 AM
For now, it's beta testers only.

If you're in a hurry, you could try and sign up for that!!

However, releases COULD be imminent, depending on factors not yet known....

* January 02, 2009, 08:29:50 AM

I have a question, though:  What do you mean by, "handle AutoCAD in a more user friendly way"?  Do you mean file compatibility?  Or user interface?  Or other usability?

Before TurboCad I was an AutoCAD user for 7 years and because it was all I knew I could handle it fine, write LISP routines etc. That ended at about r14. I then used FastCAD for a while before going alone and buying TurboCAD. I'm back in a situation where I use AutoCAD on a daily basis after using TurboCAD for 13+ years. (I'm smiling now, it reads like I should be sitting and having therapy ;D) I will still use TurboCAD for my other design work.

What I'm hoping is that "DoubleCAD" will bring with it some of the TurboCAD philosophy and be more cursor based and intrinsically user friendly. If it gives 100% file compatibility with AutoCAD better still as I still have the occasional problem with v15 PRO.

I'd be happy to beta test if Brian is feeling benevolent. (Hint)

Regards, David

* January 03, 2009, 09:08:40 AM
Roadster, we'd love to have you beta testing, thank you.  Our goal is to create an application that immediately feels comfortable to AutoCAD LT users... but one that feels like a nice upgrade to boot... sounds like you can let us know how close we're getting.

BTW, given your "hoping" statement below, I have to share a memorable quote from an early international tester:  "You are taking the best parts of AutoCAD and TurboCAD and making a blessed combination."  <smile>
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:53:06 PM by Royal »

* January 08, 2009, 08:48:51 AM
Hello,
From the latest post, it would seem that DoubleCad is still in beta.  IF agreeable, I would also appreaciate the opportunity to try the beta.  I am in the Petroleum industry (and do NOT have any impact on Oil prices), and need to routinely use different CAD apps.

I personnally have been using DesignCad and then TurboCad Pro.  Have upgraded to Pro 15, but still seem to go back to T10.5 for VBA.

* January 08, 2009, 10:00:49 AM
The program is still in beta.

Do what I did, which was to PM thebrian outlining my CAD experience and he told me what to do next.

Regards, David