Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Simple copy and paste function question
Read 2548 times
* June 16, 2012, 09:26:14 AM
I am new to all things cad. 
I want to plot some rc model aircraft drawings to an old calcomp 3024 (using volo view due to the built in driver) but some are to big for it. 
So what I am trying to do is copy and paste some of the parts separately to get them to fit, but I have had trouble with the scaling changing and missing lines from the drawing.  I don't understand what I have done wrong. 

Can anyone help?

* June 17, 2012, 12:35:24 PM
Hi
-Make sure the "Options / Drawing Setup / Space units" settings are the same for the item being copied and pasted into a new drawing.
- Make sure all elements which you want to copy are editable  (lines do not belong, for example, to locked layers)

* June 18, 2012, 12:23:38 PM
In I hindsight think what has happened is that double cad's refresh is too slow, you cant see what is really there very quickly.  I minimised the program and when I came back much later on, all the missing lines had returned.  ::) This happens every time I paste something complex. 

As for the scaling problem, the drawing I have been sent was in inches, which it is not supposed to be!  Many YouTube tutorials later and I found out how to use the dimension tool and it all makes much better sense.  :)

* June 21, 2012, 02:40:03 AM
In I hindsight think what has happened is that double cad's refresh is too slow, you cant see what is really there very quickly.  I minimised the program and when I came back much later on, all the missing lines had returned.  ::) This happens every time I paste something complex.

This can be common in most CAD applications, particularly as you say - the drawing parts you want to copy are quite complex - it can take a time for the program to read all the entities.  ;)