Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Does anyone at TurboCAD actually read these posts?????
Read 15727 times
* March 11, 2012, 08:05:35 PM
I recently purchased TurboCAD LTE V3, mainly because my AutoCAD LT 2002 didn't work too well with Windows 7. I really would like to know why the "Getting Started Guide" is so riddled with errors as to render it useless for learning how to get started in the TurboCAD I purchased!!! I even shelled out more money for training software which appears to be just as useless. I had intended upgrading to LTE Pro, after I learned LTE XT. If TurboCAD isn't interested enough to provide a decent training manual, I figure you know exactly what you can do with your product!!!! I repeat---does anyone at TurboCAD read these messages???? Additionally, do they even care????  >:( >:( >:( >:(
In case you do read this, what is the difference between TurboCAD and DoubleCAD programs?

March 11, 2012, 08:29:15 PM
Carl, I do not work for IMSI, but I can tell you that folk there do read the posts. I am sorry you have not got the feed back you want and am concerned about the extra software you purchased is not up to your expectations. Can you tell me what extra training material you purchased? I ask as I produce training material and if it is that you have purchased, I am very concerned. As for the 'Getting Started Guide' beng full of errors, I have not seen that document or indeed looked for it in my downloaded BETA versions. I will however go looking.

Differences. I am sure there is not very much between them if at all anything. It could very well be a marketing ploy for those who are more inclined to TurboCAD and moving to more upmarket TurboCAD products.

Please do come back here and please do post back as I am more than willing to help you here.

EDIT: Carl, I have looked in the documentation for the 'Getting Started Guide' - searched those words and nothing came up. I take it, it is a small booklet? If so, I do not have that so I am sorry I am not able to comment further on that problem encounted.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:55:39 PM by SteveMS »

BETA man and proud Kiwi. aka Steve The Kiwi
Supreme writer of DesignCAD Tutorials
Toshiba L50 Laptop - It is OK.
Intel i5-337U @1.8GHz, 12 gig RAM, 64 Bit Win 10
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

* March 12, 2012, 02:10:45 AM
re: …looked in the documentation for the 'Getting Started Guide' - searched those words and nothing came up.

Steve, try looking for "such-n-such_GSG.pdf" in the Program folder for the application. That's where I find this file. I believe they stopped updating this file a few years ago.

March 12, 2012, 09:06:05 AM
Thanks John. Just shows I did not look too hard or looked in another place where I thoght something may have been.

Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

* March 12, 2012, 06:16:16 PM
The "Getting Starting Guide" can be found in the "Help" (what a joke!!!) menu after opening the TurboCAD program. How can it "help" if very little of what it says is true??? Did I see a comment in a post that they have not updated this manual for several years? How can IMSI sell software and not feel obligated to provide correct information to use it??? The additional software I purchased from IMSI is titled "Training for TurboCAD LTE and LTE Pro". Right now, my feelings concerning IMSI are that I have been bilked out of $200 because of inadequate instructions for using the software. I should take the software back to Office Max and demand a refund!!! Also, demand a refund from IMSI for the other defective instructions, which will not get me up and running for the TurboCAD LTE XT program!!! Sounds as though the only satisfaction I'll get here is to vent. Thanks SteveMS and John R.

March 12, 2012, 08:25:39 PM
OK Carl, the PDF help file, I have no input into that. However, I am very concerned that you find my training material "to be just as useless" as I had spent many hours on that work. I had it proof read here in NZ and again at IMSI by I understand no less that two employees. I also tutored a couple of 'CAD virgins' with that very same work and at the end of it, they can now use TurboCAD LTE. Please send me a PM with your email address and we can discuss the problems you have with the training material off forum. I can tell you, there have been a small number of these products sold and the feedback I have had personally has been good. I am somewhat annoyed that you did not email me directly on the concerns you have regarding that work. My contact details are at the rear of the document.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:32:37 PM by SteveMS »

Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

* March 13, 2012, 04:25:56 AM
Steve
Having worked through your 'Training for TurboCAD LTE Pro/LTE v4', personally I found it to be reasonably suitable for getting you started in the right direction. Having used the 'Big Guns' -namely "AutoCAD" and "Microstation" I found that I could use your guide as a reference easily enough to get me familiar with the interface etc...
For new users - I think your guide is adequate too! I guess with a bit of tweaking your guide could be improved but as I say its good enough for 'purpose intended'.

Carl - I`ve not looked at the help guide really as I found that the program was so intuitive I didn`t really need to. But I`m sure you are right, it probably does need bringing up to date. You have mentioned in your other post the fact that you have had the same issues with AutoCAD regarding the help files which would suggest to me that this is probably a common issue with a lot of CAD distributors! I guess for IMSI the priority is improving the main functionality of the program and adding features and I suppose the 'Help files' often take a back seat (In AutoCAD as well -from what you have already stated!).
However you are right and I agree it should be sorted out -in that you have the correct and current help files for the relevant program, I think IMSI will take this on board and rectify this.Guys please sort this out.
As for Steves guide -well thats exactly what it is a 'guide' not a user manual, Steve doesn`t work for IMSI as he has quite clearly stated and I think your comments towards his guide were a little harsh -particularly on a public user forum!

March 13, 2012, 09:06:10 AM
Spider, thankyou for your comments. I have sent you a PM.

Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

* March 13, 2012, 06:50:14 PM
Steve, I don't recall having said I had any issues with AutoCAD, aside from its not working correctly with Windows 7 (I upgraded from Windows XP.) While working with AutoCAD, I constantly got shut down "for performing an illegal action" (whatever that means!!!) Sorry you feel slighted on my not communicating with you on your training program, but I had no idea it was your baby!!! I intend printing out the training program to see if I somehow missed something, but it wasn't much help when using it in conjunction with TurboCAD LTE----it's a real pain switching from the training to the program itself!!! Presently I'm downloading the entire manual for LTE (500+ pages!!!) to see if it will shed light on using the program. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but your training program did nothing to help me transition from AutoCAD---as I say, I'll download it to see what I missed, if anything. I fault IMSI for not providing adequate instructions for using their software, and I saw a critique about TurboCAD LTE at Amazon.com that expressed the same problems I am having!!! Thank you for your response!!!

* March 13, 2012, 06:57:09 PM
One thing very annoying to me is that I'm told I can put values into the Inspector Bar (rectangle length and width, e.g.), and the figure will complete!!! Just doesn't happen on my computer!!! All that happens is an "X" at the corner where I started the figure.

March 13, 2012, 08:43:58 PM
OK, Carl, now i know where your coming from with my work. I shall go over couple of things and get a document to you at no charge. Would you be as kind as to forward your private email address to me via a PM? Now, the training material was done with TC LTE Pro, but I did go over the work with TC LTE and yes, when you have the program open, it is a pain flickng between two open documents and this is one reason why years back, I bought myself another monitor, CAD on one PDF/word/email open on the other.

Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

* March 14, 2012, 01:11:25 AM
Carl
Your other post

http://forums.doublecad.com/index.php?topic=2445.0

Maybe I interpreted your grammar used in your post incorrectly but to me it seemed that you had issues with AutoCAD help files?

Anyway - forget that. I can honestly say  Carl that of course there are short fallings with IMSI regarding 'help files' etc... but as far as this forum is concerned you won`t find a better CAD community willing to help you through when you need it. From your previous experience with AutoCAD and the like once you`ve got your head around TurbCAD LTE we would welcome your input and knowledge here on this forum, I`m sure you have a lot to offer and we would certainly appreciate it -I know I would.

March 14, 2012, 09:28:17 AM
OK Carl, I have started on some documentation for you, so please hold fire and give me a couple of days. We want you to stay and we feel you can give some valuable input to this site.

TurboCAD is alittle different to AutoCAD, trust me I too know this as I come from an AutoCAD and SoildWorks background and I too got extremly annoyed when trying to do something and could not. Why? Because I was thinking I was still using AutoCAD or SolidWorks and I had to switch right off from those products and now it is really quite easy for me (and others).

Also worth a look is this site: http://www.craftycad.com/ It is DoubleCAD, but all works the same.

Don't go away Carl!

Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

* March 14, 2012, 01:07:26 PM
Thank you, Steve and Spider!!! I appreciate your help in my learning TurboCAD LTE. If I find I can master XT, I do want to upgrade to Pro. But I don't want to shell out additional money if I can't get anything to work. I'm just in it for the hobby, as I am retired. In hindsight, I wish I had tried this forum out first, but, as I got no response to my initial post, I felt nobody cared.  :(  But now I know better.  :)  :) After printing part of the reference manual, I learned a wizard exists for drawing setup. Now, if I could figure out why the Inspector Bar doesn't work like the manual says it should.  :(  :(  :( Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!!! Incidentally, my e-mail address is ca93901@windstream.net.

* March 14, 2012, 01:12:28 PM
Oops, I forgot to ask. What is the difference between TurboCAD and DoubleCAD? Or are they the same? Is LTE Pro the best CAD program from IMSI? Thanks for any info you can provide.