Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Elliptical arc bug?
Read 2007 times
* July 08, 2011, 03:38:04 AM
Creating an elliptical arc attached to a horizontal or vertical line doesn't seem to work if you use the keyboard to enter the minor axis and the start and end angles into the dynamic entry field or the Inspector Bar.

So let's say I start with a horizontal line about an inch long.

I want to create an elliptical arc on top of that line in order to make a screw head, or rivet head, or what have you. I've tried it with vertical lines too and get the same problem.

I can use snap-to-point to start the major axis at both ends of the line. So far so good.

But if I enter the minor axis using the keyboard, say at .5 inch, and then hit the Enter key, the whole process 'breaks' and the arc can't be created. (unless I'm doing something wrong - am I supposed to use some other key besides the Enter key after entering the numbers?)

It seems that sometimes, I can enter the minor axis with the keyboard and the field for the start angle of the arc is presented, but then if I enter the start angle, the process 'breaks' and no field for the end angle is presented. Or sometimes all three fields are presented, but still no arc is created after the keyboard entries.

And yes, I'm going counter clockwise like it says in the manual.

If I don't use the keyboard, it works, but sometimes you can't 'find' the proper minor axis that way.

I've searched the forum but only found one thread that mentioned elliptical arcs and it didn't address this issue.

Thanks.

July 08, 2011, 07:55:16 AM
Unfortunately, BUG confirmed! Input via the dynamic input fields appears to be unstable.

* July 08, 2011, 08:26:59 AM
Thanks for the quick response, thebrian.

* November 07, 2012, 04:05:59 AM
Elliptical exerciser arc from the present factor to (x, y) using comparative harmonizes. The dimension and alignment of the ellipse are described by two radii (rx, ry) and an x Axis Rotation, which indicates how the ellipse as a whole is turned comparative to the present organize program.....