Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Energy analyses
Read 2048 times
* April 13, 2011, 11:30:43 AM
I see there is a beam analysis tool, wich appears great(havent tested it yet).
Is there any plan to integrate a energy analysing tool?

Since doing construction and building drawings there is need for both, at least here in
Sweden. We use up a lot of energy during the winter ;D

Thanks.

* April 13, 2011, 10:45:56 PM
Hey Jolran,

I personally donīt think that DCad can or should provide such a tool.

I do Energy analyses for buildings, and itīs a fairly complex process to get it right. You can do it of course with a 3d model as a basis, but since DCad focuses on 2D, I think itīs not really doable, except for when you attach physics information to elements and groups. In the end you actually need roughly the same data that you need for getting estimates, so DCad could help in creating energy analyses, but doing it all on its own, doubtful.

But letīs see, maybe the guys have an ace up their sleeves? ;)

Working with DCad XT V3.1 build 37.0
TurboCad V17 Platinum

* April 13, 2011, 11:31:56 PM
Well I see your point, but have you seen the beam analysplugin for Dcad? It is fairly complex and you do attach physics information to elements and group.
I have seen energyanalysis for sketchup but not Beamanalysis plugins/extensions.

The software has to be compatible to eurocod 5 (in my case).

Not all analysis software do get approved by local community centers, regarding
constructiondrawings.

* April 20, 2011, 01:56:59 AM
Nice, thanks for the heads up!

It might be helpful when you have a complete 3d model of a building, but for me itīs always faster and more reliable to calculate the various elements, since most energy analyses I do are for older buildings, and itīs of course too time consuming to create a 3d model for such a building, just to do the analysis. Iīll have a look at the sketchup solutions, though!

Michael

Working with DCad XT V3.1 build 37.0
TurboCad V17 Platinum