Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Tidier menu and TWEAKS to make DOUBLECAD XT better
Read 1882 times
* March 30, 2011, 11:44:33 PM
Tidier menu for enhanced work-flow.

I see new DoubleCad XT 3.1 menus overcrowded, so I've tweaked it a little bit for better user experience.

Few things that need to be mentioned:

* - I wish I could change the way REGEN function works. When I scroll to zoom in or out or pan move, every single time screen refreshes. It shouldn't be so. It should refresh only when I stop scrolling or moving.  

* - Text editor should open every time I double click on text object, even with no text editing tool selected. Otherwise it should open the properties and the text should be in a attributes field.

* - text modifications should be smoother, hard to select written text in editor mode, it tries to make other (new) text instance instead of changing the opened one.

*- DIMENSION STYLES missing in unified interface, like in audocad, for easier use.

*- Capability to set default measurement style to METRIC system and not the Imperial.  

Thank you for your growing project, and every time improved product. :)

March 31, 2011, 08:33:25 AM
Thanks for the input, and for the config file. We are already working on some of the items that you mentioned, and we take the others under the consideration. I am sure many user will find you adapted config quite useful.