Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Arch tool to draw both clockwise & anticlockwise
Read 2591 times
* February 16, 2010, 06:18:38 AM
You can do this in TurboCAD - very usefull for drawing door swings on architectural plans

February 16, 2010, 11:00:00 AM
And you can do this in DoubleCAD -- after you have inserted the door in a wall get the Edit Tool (just below the selector in the left toolbar.  Then right-click on the door.  The context menu will allow you to flip it inside/outside, or right/left to adjust the way it opens.

EDIT:  Sorry, saw that you wanted that for the Arc Tool (useful for drawing doors).  Your Wish has been noted...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:34:49 PM by wmanning »

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

* April 29, 2014, 11:43:52 AM
There's really no way to draw an arc in a clockwise direction, even after someone requested it four years ago?

I just tried to draw a 135 degree duct chimney (from the side)  in the simplest way possible: a rectangular base with a radiused piece above, pointing to the right. While I'm a 2CAD novice, there doesn't seem to be any straightforward way to do this. None of the various ways to draw an arc will allow it in in one step, because the "end point" is unknown until the arc is drawn. I ended up drawing a 225 degree counter-clockwise arc and then drawing another one starting at the first arc's end point. Then I erase the first arc.

* April 29, 2014, 12:00:39 PM
Just to put a finer point on my question, even though this shape seems about as simple as one could imagine, I can find no straightforward way to draw the arcs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguarino/14067949535/

April 30, 2014, 05:54:09 AM
Yes there is:
go to the Angel settings under Options and switch the setting from Counter-clockwise to Clockwise.

* May 01, 2014, 05:46:30 PM
Thanks. It still seems unnecessarily cumbersome - a toggle of some kind that's available whenever you use the arc tool would be much preferable - but it's better than what I was doing before.