Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Escarpment - symbol 2D
Read 6732 times
* October 05, 2010, 10:41:50 AM
This script is written in VB 2010 Express. With its help, we can draw the symbol of escarpment 2D. The symbol is placed on layer "Escarpment" and is grouped so that it can be easily removed, if we are not satisfied with the shape or location. You can draw a lot of parts, but we need to improve the connections manually. The coordinates of points can be entered manually or specify  with the mouse on the active drawing DoubleCAD - TurboCAD. Width of the slope and direction of the slope can be set according to the scheme as snap1. Pointing or by typing again the same coordinates and changing the sign of Cr, Cr1, S, S1 from "+" to "-" we should get a mirror copy of the section of slope. This allows you to draw a trench or shaft. Excuse me, but I'm not sure if I considered all the events. The script has not been tested on a lot of errors. And so I do not know if every section is always properly drawn. As always, lack of time. To run the script should be installed on your computer Microsoft. NET frameworks.

* March 03, 2011, 09:01:45 AM
Hi Marek,

thanks a lot !!!

Do you think that something similar could be done for insulation hatching?

Working with DCad XT V3.1 build 37.0
TurboCad V17 Platinum

* March 03, 2011, 12:22:48 PM
Hi Michael
This would be ,probably rather too complicated. Did you do not like the  brush pattern, who attached Brian (http://forums.doublecad.com/index.php?topic=853.0).
I attache the insulation pattern as a line. Set the line properties like on snap 20. To use line pattern, open the attached drawing insualtion_line.2cd, then copy lines and paste them into your drawing, in which you want to use them. Then  select line tool and as pattern line choose insulation ( after pasting in the drawing area should be able to choose). You need to adjust the appropriate scale for you.

* March 03, 2011, 12:48:23 PM
Yeah, tried it, the problem is that the scale of the insulation isnīt automatically adjusted, which can be a very tedious process when you have everchanging insulation thinknesses in a drawing. But it works as a ... well... workaround.

Itīs a personal thing, but I am really depressed that I have to use the same workaround in a CAD program in 2011 I already had to use in 1997  :D :D :D

Working with DCad XT V3.1 build 37.0
TurboCad V17 Platinum

* March 04, 2011, 03:01:55 AM
I see. But I hope all it will work better. ;) I thought that "Fit linear copy" tool gives some possibilities too . You need to prepare a single shape, set its height to the desired thickness of insulation, determine the length of the wall, the wall length divided by the width of theshape and use the "Fit linear copy". I think that this method can be used to write script in Visual Basic or Parametric Part (PP required  the Pro version.). We have to bring everything to a single parameter such as thickness of the insulation and the length of the wall and place  point with mouse  Now I do not have too much time and it is not needed tool for me. But maybe someone has already done or will try to do it. DCAD team is working on support for Ruby script, too. This gives the following possibilities. And finally I'm sure that you get a satisfactory tool.