Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

Drawing borders and title block
Read 10261 times
* January 21, 2010, 07:39:18 PM
Just discovered and installed DCad a couple of days ago.

I am wondering how to show the standard borders and title block. Apparently this can only be seen in the Paper tab (I take it that the Model tab/space is the best place to work in?).

I did get an A3 title block and border in on one occassion, but I don't know how I did it. I haven't been able to repeat the effort. I had saved the successful one, but I might want an A1 or A4 size title in future.

What if I want to change the scale used by the drawing after I've started?

Thanks.

* March 31, 2010, 02:59:40 PM
You will have to draw them of import them form a form your previous CAD tool and save them in a separate library folder. I was doing the same I created ANSI D sheet with border and title block and saved it in my library and now I can pull it in my paper space when I need it.

Dipak

January 03, 2011, 06:56:35 PM
What you can do is copy the paperspace template from paperspace and then paste it in modelspace. Somewhere, I do have a template in modelspace and if I find it, I will post it here for you.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:51:28 PM by SteveMS »

BETA man and proud Kiwi. aka Steve The Kiwi
Supreme writer of DesignCAD Tutorials
Toshiba L50 Laptop - It is OK.
Intel i5-337U @1.8GHz, 12 gig RAM, 64 Bit Win 10
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

January 22, 2011, 10:18:17 AM
jeri, further to my post, I have created this: http://forums.doublecad.com/index.php?topic=1782.0

Generally in CAD, we work in modelspace at a scale of 1 : 1 (full size) and then create a viewport or a number of viewports to 'see' our drawing in paperspace. it is here we dimension and any text prior to printing.

Modelspace is the best place to work in, yes for creating your drawing. You maybe drawing a jumbo jet. As we all know, paper does not come that big, so we still draw in modelspace at 1 : 1 and then scale to fit in paperspace. But if we work in modelspace and have our template also in modelspace, how do we get the template to fit what we have drawn?

Any help?

Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

March 13, 2011, 12:32:08 AM
Dale, version 3.  See here: http://www.doublecad.com/

Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

* March 13, 2011, 08:54:53 AM
Steve,

spammer alert ;)

Working with DCad XT V3.1 build 37.0
TurboCad V17 Platinum

March 13, 2011, 10:38:53 AM
I suspected as much that why I only posted what i did. Had this moron posted any where else on the forum?

I belong to a motorcycle forum and we had spammers take control of that forum for over a week. They really are a pain in the butt!

Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVidia GeForce GT 740M

* March 13, 2011, 12:11:42 PM
I am a mod on another board, and until we had a spam control filter installed, they were really running rampant, or at least tried :p After a while it was like shooting fish in a barrel, with all similar usernames and such ;) We are getting a slew of spammers once in a while here, too, I just noticed :\ But thanks to alert mods and alerting the mods they arenīt really an issue. :)

Regarding the topic, I created a layout in 1:1 scale and inserted it into my drawing before I figured out how to work with blocks, Still need to get the hang of scaling and multiple scaled items in one drawing.

Michael

Working with DCad XT V3.1 build 37.0
TurboCad V17 Platinum