Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

TRIMMING and FILLET command help needed
Read 2494 times
* January 04, 2010, 01:08:44 AM
Dear Moderators,
I am finding difficulty in trim and fillet commands kindly help.
Is their any complete training materials available for Doublecad xt pro v2.
Regards
Arshal

January 04, 2010, 06:10:44 PM
Hi Arshal,

Today there are no v2 specific training materials, but almost all of the v1 training material applies to v2 as well.  With those training materials the basics are covered and the concepts.  With v2 there are some new commands, new features and functions, but also extensions to existing ones.  Once the concepts have been learned, those should be easier to pick up and learn, or there may be newer v2 material at that time (but I don't have any information on v2 specific training materials being available).  The other thing you should be aware of is that the product does come with both a Getting Started Guide and a Reference Manual.  If you look in the Windows START menu you can find both of them in .pdf format.

Regarding the Trim and Fillet command questions, could you be more specific about the difficulties you are having?  Perhaps if you let us know what you are trying to trim or fillet or what the problems are that you are having, we can give you more appropriate and specific answers.  (For example, the Trim command does not currently work on architectural objects like Walls, so you would need to use the Wall Split command...)

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

* January 06, 2010, 06:05:28 AM
I don't know how to trim a line with adjacent/perpendicular line, as i tried several time .

Earliest reply expected.
where can i find training materials for V1.1
Regards
Arshal

January 06, 2010, 06:56:44 AM
To trim line A with line B, select the Trim command from the menu.  It will ask you to select your cutting objects, so select line B and press ENTER.  It will then prompt you to select objects to trim, so click on the side of line A that you want removed.  You can then hit SHIFT - SpaceBar to return to the selector.

If you are finding that this isn't working, first check that the lines actually intersect on the same workplane.  If they are not on the same workplane you can select them annd then use Place on Workplane from the modify menu.  If they don't overlap, you would need to extend one line temporarily and then trim.

You can find training materials here:  http://www.doublecad.com/Products/Training/tabid/1485/Default.aspx

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...