Register

DoubleCAD XT v5 has released

DoubleCAD XT PRO Version 2 is now available !!
Read 10018 times
December 18, 2009, 01:13:32 PM
Today we have just released DoubleCAD XT PRO version 2.  This is a major upgrade to DoubleCAD and includes a great many new features.  We've made it easier to learn, easier to use, and emphasized increasing your productivity.  It also has many new and more powerful features than before.  I won't list them all here, as we have done that on the Web site at this location:  http://www.doublecad.com/Products/DoubleCADXTPRO/NewinVersion2/tabid/1532/Default.aspx

The What's New in V2 page is also found under DoubleCAD XT PRO in the PRO pages left menu.

Sign up to download the 30 Day Trial of DoubleCAD XT PRO 2 from the Downloads tab in the main menu, or go directly here:  http://activate.imsisoft.com/DoubleCAD.aspx?productpage=DoubleCAD-XT-Pro2

You may notice that DoubleCAD XT is still on the site as v1.1.  We will be updating it soon, and it should be released within weeks.

We hope you give it a try and let us know what you think!

Happy Holidays,

The whole DoubleCAD Team

DoubleCAD XT Pro on XP Pro...

* December 21, 2009, 07:52:20 AM
I recently bought the pro 1.1 (?)version..

Is it possible to update from 1.1 to 2 or should we  buy a brand new version??
(wich would be an expensive option..)

December 21, 2009, 09:59:35 AM
Contact customer support at:

support@imsidesign.com

or

They'll be able to help you.

* December 22, 2009, 01:02:37 AM
Thank you I Will

* December 26, 2009, 11:23:03 PM
Hello wmanning,

On 26-DEC-09 I purchased the Pro Bundle with New Version 2.

However, the download link and Serial number and activation code for Double CAD CT Pro was for version 1.1.

I tried to download the trial version of 2 from the site but my serial number and activation code didn't work. My order was for $751.94 and I'm very disappointed.

I like to get the right version (version 2 with right serial number and activation code) or else I like to cancel my order completely for full refund.

I contacted digitalriver and they tell me version 1.1 is all they have!

I can't understand why IMSI/Design announce a product, then puts it for sale as a Pro Bundle and sells the old version instead. This is not professional.

Do you have any idea what I should do next? BTW I don't want to call because I'm oversea and I have already spent over $750.

Happy New Year

Many thanks

Sepehr
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 03:00:49 AM by Sepehr »

December 27, 2009, 09:17:44 AM

Sometimes when things are done in a hurry just before Christmas, they can go astray.  A couple of suggestions:

1) Have you tried the email posted by The Brian?

They might not get it today, but should be manned again tomorrow...

2) You could also try and download the 30 day trial mentioned above.  If that works, you would then have 30 days to get the proper serial numbers from somebody.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 09:20:32 AM by Rob S »

* December 27, 2009, 08:34:48 PM
Sepehr, there definitely is a v2, we'll get your situation straightened out, sorry for any confusion the holiday schedule has caused.

--Royal.

* December 28, 2009, 04:56:30 AM
Hi,

Rob S

Thanks for your input. I did sent an email to them but I have to wait until Monday to see what happens.

Royal

Thanks. I know there is a version 2. That's why I spent the money. But try to tell that to digitalriver. They insist that version 1.1 is the latest one and I can always request for a refund.

I see if it gets sorted out on Monday otherwise I'll take digitalriver advice.

Overall, my experience hasn't been dandy.

The way the economy is I don't think it's the best way to deal with your paying customers.

Regards

Sepehr

* December 28, 2009, 06:32:56 AM
I agree.  This is embarrassing.  Can you email me (Royal (at) IMSIdesign.com) and Bruce Phinney (BPhinney (at) IMSIdesign.com) your phone number so we can call you?  Thank you for your support and patience through the schedule confusion.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 06:40:38 AM by Royal »

* December 28, 2009, 10:04:59 AM
This was deleted by myself and not by DoubleCAD Forum Administrator.

Sepehr
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:00:08 AM by Sepehr »

* December 28, 2009, 11:14:39 AM
Sepehr--

We greatly apologize that this entire experience has been difficult.  We pride ourselves on good customer service... and clearly that is not what you have received.

In our effort to rectify this as quickly as possible, we made another mistake... and that is by sharing partial information with you.  We quickly determined that the order came in as an order for v1.1...  of course you would not have purposely placed an order for an old version... therefore, there is a bug somewhere in our system... certainly our customer service person was not trying to imply that you do not know how to place a simple order but we apologize that in our haste to rectify this situation we did not craft our remedy email as carefully as we should have. 

Note, we have found that there is, in fact, a wayward link on our website -- out of a few dozen links, one was still pointing to v1.1 -- your order code positively identified this.  We have fixed this link and are in the process of confirming that there are no other wayward links on the website.

We do not have information right now about why you had an awful experience with Digital River Europe -- or why they did not know of the existence of v2 -- but are digging into those questions right now as well.

We certainly will understand whatever action you want to take with this order but again greatly apologize that this has been such a trying experience.  Unfortunately in our delay responding to the forums over the holiday weekend, and then in our haste to rectify the situation this morning, we made the situation even worse for you... and that was certainly never our intent.

--Royal.

P.S.  To answer your question below, yes, there was a time when we did ship a free Corel DESIGNER with DoubleCAD XT Pro v1.1.

* December 28, 2009, 11:27:12 AM
This was deleted by myself and not by DoubleCAD Forum Administrator.

I'm pretty happy with version 2. I think people should take it for a test drive.

Sepehr

P.S. Royal thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:59:21 AM by Sepehr »